Pamela Anderson Lee

I am just another not so normal guy who is solely impressed with the size of her... heart... ugh.. Doesn't matter - I simply adore pam!

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Interview from T.V. Guide Magazine - June 1995

Four days in Mexico and a surprise marriage to rock star Tommy Lee have made Pamela Anderson the talk of the tabloids. Now she wants a baby....

Everyone wants to talk with Pamela Anderson. And these days her popularuty has less to do with the success of Baywatch than with her madcap marriage on a beach in Cancun, Mexico, to Tommy Lee, the Motley Crue drummer she dated for a mere four days before taking the plunge.

At first, she wants to talk only by phone, but finally she agrees to meet at her manager's office in Beverly Hills. On a warm afternoon, the 27 year old actress wears a tight beige jacket, a miniskirt and thigh-high white boots. Her long blonde hair repeatedly falls in her face, giving the impression that she is, like her hair, wild and unruly - a sex bomb at the peak of her career. Just five years ago, she was just an unknown model from Vancouver who had been invited to Los Angeles to pose for Playboy Soon she landed a bit part as the Tool Time girl on Home Improvement , then her big break on Baywatch .

Since the wedding , Anderson hasn't been able to leave her house without photographers tracking her every move. "People are hanging from the trees outside our house," she says. "Tommy went out and this guy goes, "Listen, if you can get Pamela out of the house, I'll split the money with you." I can't tell you what Tommy said. It's crazy. Just crazy."


TV GUIDE: You've been married for three months now. Has it rearranged your life ?

PAMELA ANDERSON: Well, I just a huge meeting with my managers and my agent. I told them the priority in my life now is Tommy and my family and then work. I said, if we can work around my life, then I'll work. Because the most important thing to me is marriage. I want to have children.

TVG: Are you pregnant ?

PA: No, not yet. We're working on it. I hope I get pregnant. I've already told them at Baywatch . They said, "what about storielines next year ?" And I said, "How about CJ's pregnant ?". I can't wait to have babies. We need to have children right away.


TVG: How does that figure into your schedule ?

PA: We spend all our time together. when he goes on tour, I'm going with him. And when I'm working, he comes to the set. He says we need to be together, because that's the kind of people we are.

TVG: Women seem to love Tommy.

PA: Women love Tommy ? I don't know about that. I do. We're perfectly compatible. We both have a crazy, wild side and a compassionate, romantic side. he is more romantic than any man I've ever met. Neither one of us thought we'd get married. And here I meet this person and we get engaged the first night we're together. Four days later, we're married. And it's the best thing I've ever done in my whole life. We just got a home in Malibu, and we're making and building all these crazy things inside. Furniture out of art pieces. It's gorgeous. It's kind of Spanish, I guess. Casa Lee ! On Baywatch , I'm changing my name to Pamela Lee. It's not Anderson anymore. Pamela Lee everywhere .

TVG: Have you ever been to a Motley Crue concert ?

PA: Never. I don't know his music well, but I'm listening to it now.

TVG: After having been married to Heather Locklear, Tommy must have some advice for you on how to deal with your sudden fame.

PA: No, we never talk about it. it's a totally different situation. I am a completely different person.

TVG: You're not so controlled ?

PA: I don't know if it so controlled. I've never met Heather, so I think she is probrably a nice person, but I don't know anything about her. All I know is the relationship I have with Tommy.

TVG: All this in five years ?

PA: Five years. It's been pretty crazy. There were a lot of hard times too. I was here with no money, and all these people saying they wanted to do this and that for me. People wanted to marry me. people wanted to put me in movies.

TVG: I read [producer] Jon Peters wanted to make you into the next Marilyn Monroe.

PA: No ! That's a total lie. But I met Jon when I first got here. I met a lot of people.

TVG: Did Peters want to marry you ?

PA: Yeah. At one point. I don't know if I want to get into all that, because last I heard, he said he only had dinner with me once. And Jon is wonderful. God, he is such a great, wonderful, crazy person. My favorite people are all like that - people like Tim Allen. And, obviously, Tommy is my favorite person in the whole world.


TVG: Tell us about your courtship.

PA: Originally, I avoided him more than anyone in my life. I met him last New Year's Eve. He sat with me and he kept licking my face. When I left, he was begging me for my phone number. I said no way. But then I gave him the number because he was interesting. I was definately attracted.

TVG: Was he seductive ?

PA: No, Just persistent. And I wouldn't talk to him. When I finally did talk to him, he asked me out, and I said yes but then cancelled. He was really upset. Then, is Febuary, the phone rang just as I was on my way out the door for a photo shoot in Cancun. it was Tommy. I said, "Oh, no ! You must hate me. I apologize for the night I didn't go out with you. You scared me. You were too forward." He said, "You're going down to Cancun without me ?" I said, "Don't come to Cancun. I'm working 20 hours a day. Please don't come." In Cancun, I kept getting these messgaes. "It's Tommy Lee, give me five minutes notice and I'll come down and see you." And then : "I'm on my way." And then : "I'm here, I'm gonna look for you." On the day after Valentines Day, I called him. I had a day left in Cancun. I figured, what could go wrong ? We'd just go out for dinner and have a lot of fun. That night, we were inseparable. For the next four days - obviously, we decided to stay - no one could pry us apart. We went to a hospital at two in the morning on Febuary 18 (95) and got out blood test done. The next day, we got married. It was just bizarre.

TVG: Was this just a physical thing ?

PA: Hah ! Sex has nothing to do with it. Obviously that's wonderful, but it has nothing to do with it. We're just completely in tune with each other. It's a deep, true love that I have never felt before.

TVG: And you were once engaged to Scott Baio ?

PA: For a minute.

TVG: Did you ever dream of marriage ?

PA: Never. But I believe in rituals, and marriage is probrably one of the last remaining rituals in society. But I think it's just been so commercialized.


TVG: How did you parents react ?

PA: My Mom.... was upset about the wedding because she hadn't known about it. She'd never heard of Tommy before, and all of a sudden I'm married. My Mom and I are very close, so she just couldn't understand.

TVG: Did you work things out with your Mother ?

PA: My Mom and Dad met Tommy in New York [in May]. Mom loves him. She was just a little shocked at first.

TVG: Did you sit down with Tommy before the wedding and say, "Look, I have read some strange stories about you ?"

PA: No, because I don't believe those stories. People say I'm a heroin addict ! I'm the most drugless person I know. I promote a very healthy lifestyle. everyone says I'm plastic from head to toe. Can't stand next to the radiator or I'll melt. Capped teeth, they just go on.

TVG: Ok. Let's take these things. Have you ever done heroin ?

PA: No. Never.

TVG: What about this plastic thing ?

PA: I had [breast] implants. But so has every single person in Los Angeles. These are the things people don't realize.

TVG: When did you have the implants ?

PA: A few years ago. When I was a playmate I had my on breasts. I got implants after that. It was no big deal. It's the only surgery I've had.

TVG: So you went from what size to what size ?

PA: i was a 34 before.

TVG: To what ?

PA: Thirty-four C. Same size, just a little fuller.

TVG: How do you stay fit ?

PA: My body is in the best shape when I eat everything I want. The only exercise I do is walking or hiking. If I do any bodybuilding, I just go BOOM ! I get huge and muscular. I can't fit into any of my clothes. My legs really expand. Everything is awful.

TVG: What do you eat ?

PA: I don't eat much meat. But I am actually starting to eat a bit more, because i think it's healthy for a baby to have.

TVG: Do you go for desserts ?

PA: I love chocolate. Hershey's Kisses.

TVG: How do you deal with stress ?

PA: Not well. I was fainting for awhile. I ended up in the hospital. I was overworked. Too much going on in my life.

TVG: So how do you relax ?

PA: I on't meditate enough. But you know what's nice ? Tommy and I both love candlelight. Our house is always full of candles. never any artificial light.

TVG: Do you drink ?

PA: Yeah. I love red wine and champagne. Tommy and I go through alot of champagne.

TVG: What's next ?

PA: I just finished a movie based on a H.G. Wells short story. And I'm about to start shooting a film called "Barb Wire". It's based on a cartoon, and I play Barb Wire. It's a big, starring role, so I'm kind of nervous. Barb Wire rides around on her Harley and kicks people's butts. I've got a couple of other projects too. But maybe I'll do "Barb Wire", have a baby, and never work again. Wouldn't that be cool ??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home